What information do we collect and how do we use it?
- We will not collect any personal information about you unless you have chosen to give it to us. If you require further information, wish to open an account or would like to contact us, we may ask for your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number so that we can contact you accordingly.
- When you instruct us to carry out work, we may need to know your name, e-mail, delivery and billing addresses, credit or debit card number and its expiry date (if applicable). This allows us to process and fulfil your work and carry out credit checking. We also ask for your telephone number which enables us to contact you urgently if we need to contact you regarding your request.
- We may use the information provided by you to communicate with you, to provide a more personalised online experience, for record keeping purposes, and in aggregate (and therefore anonymously) for market research purposes, to track activity on our website, to publish trends and/or to improve the site’s usefulness and content. We may also use the information we collect to keep you updated with information about promotional offers and any new, forthcoming developments at BMC. If you do not wish to receive this information, please let us know.
- We may use other companies to provide services on our behalf. These services may include but are not limited to packaging, mailing and delivering purchases, answering customers’ questions about products or services, sending postal mail and e-mails, analysing data and processing credit or debit card payments. We will only provide those companies with the information they need to deliver the service and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose. We may undertake a search with a licensed credit reference agency for the purposes of verifying your identity and the details you have submitted before accepting or dispatching your order. The credit reference agency may check the details you supply against any particulars on any database (public or otherwise) that they have access to. They may also use your details in the future to assist other companies for verification purposes. A record of the search will be retained. We never make your personal details available to companies outside BMC for marketing purposes.
- Any changes will be posted on this page in order that you are always aware of what information we collect and how we use it.
In this section you will find information about the cookies that may be set when you visit this website and how to reject or delete those cookies.
- How to control and delete cookies
- List of the main cookies on this website
- Third Party Cookies
- Local Shared Objects (Flash Cookies)
1. How to control and delete cookies
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of this website.
This website uses services provided by other companies (e.g. Google, Facebook ) who also set cookies on this website on our behalf in order to deliver the services that they are providing.
If you would like more information about the cookies used by these suppliers, as well as information on how to opt-out, please continue reading.
2. List of the main cookies on this website
This is a list of the main cookies set by this website, and what each is used for.
This is a session cookie stored in the computer’s memory only during a user’s browsing session and is automatically deleted from the user’s computer when the browser is closed.
3. Third Party Cookies
This website uses a number of suppliers who also set cookies on this website on its behalf in order to deliver the services that they are providing. If you would like more information about the cookies used by these suppliers, as well as information on how to opt-out, please see their individual privacy policies listed below.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a number of cookies in order to evaluate your use of this website and enable us to carry out actions including (but not limited to) :
· Tracking the number of visitors to this website.
· Monitoring the number of users on the website at any given time.
· Analysing popular content on this website.
Google stores the information collected by these cookies on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
4. Local Shared Objects (Flash Cookies)
This website may use the Adobe Flash Player to deliver its video content using services or software.
- Software and services we use include:JW Player http://www.longtailvideo.com
To improve user experience, Local Shared Objects – or Flash Cookies as they are commonly known – are employed to provide features such as auto-resume and for saving your preferences. Flash Cookies are stored on a user’s terminal much the same as cookies are, however it is not possible to manage them at browser level in the same way.
How to disable Flash Cookies:
The Adobe website provides comprehensive information on how to delete or disable Flash cookies either for a specific domain like bbc.co.uk or for all websites – see http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for details. Please be aware that restricting the use of Flash Cookies may affect the features available to you for Flash based applications such as this website iPlayer.
Please note that if you disable your Flash cookies for this website you may be unable to watch video content.